Mitchell's Nursery and Greenhouse
Located in beautiful King, North Carolina
Growing to help you grow!
We are constantly striving to improve and grow with you in mind. We are currently expanding and adding to our nursery growing and greenhouse areas to offer a larger selection of quality trees, shrubs, perennials, hanging baskets, and bedding plants.
We are also expanding our services to include Landscape consultations!
If you find yourself wanting to plant your own landscape but you are not really sure where or how to begin, we are here to help.
Simply measure your area to be planted and bring a simple drawing or picture of your area with your measurements to your appointment and we will assign one of our knowledgeable associates to help you with the what, where, and how of your DIY landscape project.
If you are looking to do a foundation planting, that is, the planting you do around the foundation of your home you will need to bring a simple drawing or picture of your home and the following measurements:
* Across the entire front of your home, if your home has alcoves you will need to measure from corner to corner on each outside wall.
* From the bottom of your windows to the ground.
* Between each window and from the window to any outside corners.
* From the outside corner to any porches or steps.
* Measure from the outside wall of your house out to the edge of your designated planting area.
If you are going to be planting an area, you will need to bring a simple drawing or picture of your area along with the following measurements:
* From any structure wall to the outside edge of your bedding area. If there is no structure in your area you will need to measure from side to side at its widest point and a separate measurement at its narrowest points.
* From the edge of the bed to any street or sidewalk areas.
* If planting a bed along a structure, measure under any windows.
* Include measurements from bedding edges to any walls, steps, or other trees bushes etc. that may be in or around your bedding area.
We always welcome you to come by with any questions you might have.
If you are interested in a tree or shrub and would like to know how fast or large it grows or whether it prefers sun or shade, we are always here to help you. However, if you think you might need a little more one on one help, you can schedule a consultation at the nursery today.
email@example.com or call 336-983-4107
We can give you some professional direction on any of your planting desires. From basic foundation plantings to perennial beds and trees. We can also advise you on shade and sun compatibility and how to care for your plants after they are in the ground, including water and fertilizing, and if you need some help with pruning do's and don'ts we are here to help.
The fee for a consultation is $60.00 and you will receive a $25.00 gift certificate that is good for 30 days after your consultation and in addition you will receive 5% off any purchases made within 30 days after your consultation to get you started. That is a pretty sweet deal!
As always we are here to help you and your plants succeed!